So many of you have sent Back to School and Sunday School Supplies recently for our people here in Mexico. We have been so blessed by your generosity!
Here is a note of thanks from Teresa, our pastor's daughter in La Boca. She works every Sunday with the children's ministry in this village church.
"Muchas gracias a todos los hermanos y hermanas que comparten todo esto con nosotros. Que Dios pueda bendecirles rica mente." //
"Thank you so much to all the brothers and sisters who have shared all of this with us. May God bless you richly."
We are currently running low on supplies. Do you have any extra paper/stickers/markers/adhesive/ribbon/clip brads, scissors to share with us?
You can send the supplies to our TX address: 2112 W. University Dr. PMB1122 Edinburg, TX 78539. If you ship them within the next couple weeks, we should be able to receive them in plenty of time.
Thanks for all you've done in the past to make this an awesome project for your Mexican sisters!
Our Pastor and family in La Florida; Pastor Bernardo, Arely and little Estrella
If you are looking for a church or missionary society project idea, consider purchasing and donating these wonderful little "pocket" books - El Senor es Mi Pastor/The Lord is My Shepherd - to use in our child evangelism efforts in Mexico. Psalm 23 is explained and illustrated in simple terms and the plan of salvation is clearly presented at the end of the booklet. Our pastors, SS teachers and childrens' workers will be so thrilled to be equipped with these evangelism tools.
I have just spoken to the author of this book, Helen Haidle. She is giving Bible Methodist Missions a big discount on this product. Instead of $3.99 each, she is making them available for $.50 each when you buy at least 50. Order at this phone number: 503-718-7911. Email me if you'd like more information!
Here is a link to the website if you'd like to read more about the product.
in Salamanca, Guanajuato, Mexico
October 19 - 23, 2009: Monday - Friday
Visiting Professors will be:
- Heartland BM Conference President G. Clair Sams and his wife, Melba, teaching classes on Church Leadership and Sis. Sams will be speaking to the ladies.
- Hope International Missions Director Sidney Grant will be teaching classes on Eschatology and Hermeneutics.
Bible Institute President Eliezer Balderas will be teaching classes on Christian Education and Homiletics. Field Director Marc Sankey will be conducting Pastoral Mentoring Sessions. HIM Pastor Abel (Salamanca) will be teaching clases on Christian Life. The Sankeys will be teaching English Classes.This promises to be a very full week of Biblical training and mentoring. Please help us pray for safety for our professors and pastors/families who will be traveling to the classes and for God's Spirit to rest on us during this special week.
Our family and Brennan are busily preparing guest quarters, meal plans, accomodations, work projects, medical ministry details (SO excited about this), and more!
Those coming are: Ed Durham, Craig McLaughlin, Mark and Kristin Foster, Bradley and Jackie Bishop, Chris Lambeth, Paul and Alicia McIntyre, Arlette Makcen, and Marc's cousin Matt Linko. We are so excited to have them here with us!
Please pray that God will give the team traveling protection; that He would give us His success in ministry and work projects, and that souls would be won to Jesus through our efforts.
Stay tuned for pictures of the Team's arrival and activities while they're here!
Prof. Dale Redman speaking to the Institute students who were present for Day 1.
Tamra and I helping out in the kitchen. Here we are making flour tortillas. Of course, we had to sample a few while we were working. Yummm....there's nothing like a fresh homemade flour tortilla, hot off the comal, spread with butter, rolled up and enjoyed. :)
She also fully immersed herself into what was happening around her. She joined in giving her baby doll a bath right along with the little Mexican girls - it was just too cute.
More later - keep checking back. :)
We realize that over the past few days you have received much information from Mexico Bible Methodist Missions. However, we want to inform you of a signifigant change in facts from our monthly newsletter that we recently sent out. The TLC team will not be able to come to Mexico this summer.
Therefore, there are open dates and projects available for work/ministry teams. So many of you spoke with us during our Share Support Tour and before, telling us of your interest in coming to Mexico and participating in projects here.
The open dates are June 1 - July 10, 2009. We would be able to provide your housing (a large team may need to help with rental of a facility).
Possible projects would range between light construction, painting, cleaning, roofing, remodeling several churches and parsonages.....Ministry opportunities would include VBS and tract and Bible distribution.
Maybe you are not able to come to Mexico and work but would be interested in helping with the needed funds or items (tracts or Bibles) for these projects.
If you have interest in coming to Mexico or in contributing to these projects, please email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to give you more information.
Marc & Melodie Sankey
Some of you have asked what is involved in having a Sister in Ministry. I would recommend a monthly contact if you are able. This could be in one of several forms:
- You could email me at email@example.com with a special message for your Sister. I could translate your message and get it to your Sister as soon as possible.
- You could send a snail mail card. This would take a little longer for me to receive, translate and pass on, but I know would be something the ladies would enjoy. In this you could include pictures of your family, yourself, your church, etc...
- If you're interested in birthday, anniversary information, I could work on getting that together and passing along a small gift you might want to send her way for those special days.
- Any additional Thinking of You care package you send would be passed on to her as I'm able.
- Sharing prayer requests you may have and asking her for any prayer requests she may have is a good way to connect. Share about your family, your children, your ministry...ask about hers.
These are just a few suggestions. Thanks again for participating!
Just a quick reminder to those of you who are sending Care Package items: We need those items as soon as possible to put the packages together and have them ready by mid-April. Please send them to our Texas address included in the sidebar of our blog - we will pick them up there.
Enjoy your Wednesday! Melodie
Thank you to so many who have volunteered to send items for the Pastors' wives, those who have donated money, those who have taken one of our Pastors' wives as your "Sister in Ministry" and to my wonderful friend, Tamra Craycraft (traveling with her husband and children to Saltillo for the Inst. classes) who has agreed to help me in the packaging and card-making for the Care Packages!
There's still "room" in the packages if you would like to donate something small/compact that would benefit our Pastors' wives in their ministry. Those items would need to be sent quickly to our TX address since the Institute classes are less than 6 weeks away.
Thank you to the Covington, GA Bible Methodist Church for providing the 20 First Aid Kits to be used with the First Aid Classes in the Institute! What a quick and gratifying response - thank you, Jeri and the Covington Church!
Your help and willing cooperation means so much - thank you! for the Bible Institute Classes coming up in April!
- Visiting Professors will be Dale Redman (Katy, TX), teaching classes on Leadership and Church Planting; and Shane Craycraft (Middletown, OH), teaching classes on Christian Stewardship and First Aid.
- Marc Sankey, Steve Stetler and Eli Balderas will also be teaching classes on Expositional, Topical and Textual Preaching
- Professor Craycraft's family will be traveling with him to Mexico. Pray for their safety as they travel.
- Please pray for Institute President Eli Balderas and the teaching staff.
- Pray for our Bible Methodist pastors as they attend the classes and for the people they will be bringing with them from their churches.
- Please pray that God's presence would be with us as we take the Bible Institute training to the people.
If you'd like to participate in this project, please visit our blog at www.sankeyfamily.blogspot.com for pictures of each of these ladies and information on how you can be involved, to choose a "Sister in Ministry" and more!
Thank you again to all who have contributed to this project. Pastor Dolores and his family along with the church people are grateful for your help and are working hard to see this project completed.
If you would like to send Sis. Esther a get well card, you may do that at:
Sis. Esther Luna
c/o Marc Sankey
2112 W. University Dr. PMB 1122
Edinburg, TX 78539
I know she would love to hear from you!
- Selma Bible Methodist Church
- Shreveport, LA Pilgrim Nazarene Church
- West Blocton Bible Methodist Church
- Cameron Sankey
- Findlay Bible Methodist Church
The needed funds have now been raised and we hope to finish the Parsonage Project by Christmas. This will be such a blessing to Pastor Dolores Hernandez and his family.
Keep checking back for photos of the project as it continues!
For a complete listing of donors, scroll down to the original post below.
Thank you to each and every person who has contributed to this impottant project - God bless you!!
Also updates and pictures can be found on the Stetlers' blog!
Thank God for His special help during our Reopening Week of the Bible Methodist Institute and thank you for your prayers!
Thank you for praying for the reopening of the Bible Institute. Your prayer support is so valuable as we take this first big step in taking the Bible training to the people!
For more photos, see Stetlers' blog at http://www.stetlers.blogspot.com/
The Saltillo church has raised some money for this project, but they need quite a bit more to finish the job. Pastor Dolores, Missionary Stetler and a few of the church men are doing all of the construction. They are not paying anyone for labor.
Any financial help would be deeply appreciated and all the money will go directly for construction material.
Steve and Beth Stetler
- to the Covington GA Bible Methodist Church for their generous gift of $1500 toward this project!
- to an individual in the Easley SC Bible Methodist Church for contributing to this project!
- to a precious couple in the Cooperstown, PA Evangelistic Tabernacle for their contribution!
- to a church in Shreveport, LA for their contribution of $600!
- to a donor in the Danville OH Bible Methodist Church
About $1280 is needed to complete this project. Please help us pray that God would supply this need.
- Please pray for Institute President Eli Balderas and the staff
- Pray for visiting professors: Rusty Rundell from Union Bible College, teaching Doctrine of Holiness Class; and William Snider from Hobe Sound Bible College, teaching Church History Class
- President Balderas, Pastor Homero Luna, Field Director Marc Sankey and Missionary Steve Stetler will also be teaching classes.
- Please pray for our Bible Methodist pastors as they attend and the young people they will be bringing with them from their churches.
- Pray that God’s presence would be with us as we take the Bible Institute training to the people.
Keep checking back for more details and photos of this exciting event!
Congratulations, Steve, on a job well done!
Here is Pastor Bernardo Rivera and the church he pastors in the village of La Florida.
Our church in Rio Bravo is pastored by Santiago Hernandez and his wife, Edith, and their beautiful family. Bro. Santiago was amazingly healed from Guillain-Barre Syndrome about a year ago. God miraculously touched his body and spared his life, although he will always struggle with the effects of the syndrome. Pastor Santiago also pastors 2 missions in the city of Rio Bravo.
The remodeled chapel in Rio Bravo where Bro. Santiago also pastors.
The church in Santa Apolonia, located about an hour and a half from the border, has just welcomed its new pastor - Bro. Jose Cruz, his wife Graciela and children Ruth and Isai.
There are 2 Bible Methodist missions in the state of Zacatecas, just to the west of the city of Saltillo. They are in the villages of Sabana Grande and San Antonio. These are also pastored by Pastor Dolores. Pics of these locations coming soon!
Up in the mountains east of Saltillo sits the Bible Methodist Church in the village of Galeana. This church is pastored by Pastor Alejandro de la Rosa, one of our longest-serving pastors. This church's remote location and distance from our other churches makes it a lonely outpost at times, but both pastor and people are laboring faithfully to serve God in the mountains of Mexico.
First, let me acquaint you with the pastor and church in the village of Pedregales de Barroso. Pastor Manuel Navarro and his wife Macedonia have been faithfully laboring in this location for 16 years and are preparing now for the Church Anniversary Celebration and Annual Revival in just a few weeks.
Logan with the village children
Our other Bible Methodist church is in the village of Cuchicuato. This church is pastored by Pastor Refugio Sanchez and his wife Rosa and their 3 precious daughters.
Pastor Bennie Durr (Heartland) pictured with Pastor "Cuco" (nickname) and his wife.
Pastor Cuco received a beautiful Thompson Chain Reference Spanish Bible with his name engraved on the front from Pastor Bennie Durr and President Clair Sams (Heartland).
Pastor Cuco with some of his congregation receiving a gift of "Jesus, My Very Best Friend" books - Spanish version.